We’ve all heard how amazing turmeric is by now and of course it’s for good reason but we wanted to take it up a notch in this golden chicken and asian veg recipe so we combined it with ground cumin, celtic salt and pepper for an added dose of immune supporting goodness!
Cumin is amazing for everything from skin health, digestion and serves as a powerful anti-viral and anti-bacterial, which makes it a perfect addition for the cooler months!
This recipe will hit the spot on a cool autumn night and will be sure to tantalise your taste buds ;)!
500g Organic chicken drummettes (could use wings or drumsticks)
1 tspn ground turmeric we use the one from organic origins
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground ginger (could use fresh ginger)
1 bunch of Kale
1 clove garlic
1-2 tbs of unrefined organic extra virgin coconut oil
1/2 tsp unrefined sea salt
1. Pop drummettes in a bowl and add cumin, turmeric, ginger and lime use hands to coat and allow to marinate for 3-4 hrs
2. Pre-heat fan forced oven to 150c and cook until golden and skin is crisp (ours took 30-40mins)
3. Use a mandolin to create matchsticks with carrots, beetroot and zucchini, next finely chop kale and put all veg a side.
4. Chop onion and garlic.
5. Add 1-2 tbs of coconut oil to a on low-medium heat add garlic and onion allow to brown lightly before adding other veg.
6. Add the rest of the veg and salt, cook until lightly wilted- could add some organic beef broth here to further infuse flavour.
7. Once veg is ready simply add to a bowl and serve with drummetes on top- finish with a little of your favourite fermented veggies or a dollop of coconut yoghurt and a sprinkling of fresh coriander leaves and you’ve got yourself a winner!
Let us know how you go, tag us in any of your posts and leave us a comment we LOVE hearing from you and seeing you put it into practice.
S & M. x