If chocolate and banana aren’t already a perfect combo then we don’t know what is! On the blog today we’ve got a super simple muffin recipe that will make the perfect breakfast, dessert or snack.
- 1 cup of oat flour
- 1/2-1 cup almond milk (we used Bruce’s nuts brand)
- 1 TBSPN almond butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 small ripe bananas (mashed)
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- 1/2 cup raw cacao
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (if desired I left this out because I actually like the bitter taste of the cacao but I recommend this if you’d like it a little sweeter).
- Add dry ingredients together in a seperate bowl
- Mash bananas with a fork, add in other wet ingredients until combined, fold through dry ingredients and mix well.
- Once all combined add in cacao nibs and give a final thorough mix.
- Place in muffin moulds (I’d recommend just lightly greasing with some coconut oil)
- Allow to cook in fan forced oven on 180C for 25-30 mins. Of course cooking time may vary based on your oven, so keep an eye on it and you’ll know when its ready as a skewer will come out clean when inserted.
Serve with homemade chia, raspberry jam, coconut choc frosting or simply warm as is!
Enjoy–P.s if you give these babies a go, we’d love it if you tagged us on social media @_maximumyou_ or @maximenicole__ Can’t wait to see your re-creations.