You’d know by now that I have a love for all things holistic wellness! Living a life that draws on natural solutions as much as possible is something I’m extremely passionate about. Essential oils have become a huge part of my wellness toolkit and in 2019 one of my intentions is to empower other women to add them to their own kits.
One of the common questions I’m asked is: what are the best essential oils to start with? So, I thought I’d put together this little blog sharing some of my fav doTERRA oils for your wellness toolkit.
1. Lemon essential oil: I’m a sucker for anything citrus so lemon was naturally going to make the list. This guy gets some serious brownie points for its versatility, you can add it to a home cleaning solution with white vinegar and tea tree- since it’s highly antimicrobial. It also packs a nutrient punch so adding it into things like lemon tartlets or freshly squeezed juice is a great way to get a concentrated dose of lemony goodness.
2. Lavender essential oil: Think of this as the soother of the oil kingdom, her fragrant aroma helps to calm our nervous system (making it great before bed) our skin when applied topically (e.g. after a burn) and nourishes our digestive system if taken internally.
3. OnGuard essential oil: This is my go to natural disinfectant and when ever I feel I’m coming down with something I pop a drop under my feet. The combination of Wild Orange, Clove, Cinnamon, Eucalyptus, and Rosemary make it extremely powerful for keeping opportunistic critters at bay.
5. Tea tree essential oil: Meet anti-fungal in a bottle. It’s effective for environmental and physical fungal conditions. Diffuse, blend or apply topically you’ll use it for everything from home cleaning to skin care.
6. Oregano or Thyme essential oil: These two are best known for their culinary uses but they’re so much more then a flavour enhancer, both Thyme and Oregano are fantastic remedies for viruses, bacterial and fungal infections.
7. DigestZen essential oil: This is such a powerful one to have on hand for tummy troubles. It can remedy bloating, gas and other digestive discomforts like cramping. Apply a drop in some fractionated coconut oil straight onto the abdomen.
8. Balance essential oil: This was a no brainer as everyone can benefit from a little ‘balance’. This blend evokes feelings of peace and tranquility, it’s great for stabilising emotion and is a wonderful travel companion (e.g. boat, plane or car).
9. Ice-blue essential oil: If you put your body through its physical paces then this is a must have! It’s the natural deep heat and is wonderful for soothing muscle tension.
10. Clary Sage essential oil: For all my ladies, this one is for you especially of you experience PMS. Combining a drop with a carrier oil and massaging on the abdomen has been shown effective in reducing menstrual discomfort.
That rounds out my the top 10, these oils will have all of your physical, emotional and energetic bases covered. So now you might be wondering how can you get your hands on doTERRA? email@example.com.